We are delighted to announce the long list for the SI Leeds Literary Prize for unpublished fiction by Black and Asian women:
- Coloured In – Yazmin Raven
- Dark Chapter – Winnie Li
- Deadly Sacrifice – Stella Akinade-Ahmadou
- Marmite and Mango Chutney – Amita Murray
- Our Staggering Minds – Harkiran Dhindsa
- Recognising Strangers – Jamilah Ahmed
- Runaway – Divya Ghelani
- Scent of a Father – Fariyal Wallez
- The Ice Migration – Jacqueline Crooks
- Truth – Roshi Fernando
- Waking Hours – Anushka Rasiah
- When Skies Are Grey – Fran Clark
The twelve long-listed manuscripts were selected from many entries of promising and accomplished writing, covering a wide range of genres and subjects.
The judges for the long list were Susan Yearwood of The Susan Yearwood Agency, Margaret Oldroyd for SI Leeds and writer Karen Onojaife. The six short-listed manuscripts will be selected from the long list by the judging panel, chaired by head judge literary activist Kadija George, with the short list to be announced late September.