The SI Leeds Literary Prize is looking to appoint an experienced freelance evaluator to support the Prize in its 10th anniversary year. Commencing in November 2022, the role is home-based and attracts a one-off fee of £1,200 (based on approximately 5.5 days work at £225/day).
The evaluator will:
- Work closely with the Prize’s small freelance team and Advisory Panel to agree a methodology for evaluating the 2022 SI Leeds Literary Prize, specifically to (a) evaluate how well the Prize Plus programme of writer development supports Prize alumnae and (b) to gather key data on writer development
- Use the Centre for Cultural Value’s Evaluation Principles (beneficial; robust; people-centred; connected) to guide the design of the evaluation programme and to use the same principles to support the process
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to be self-directed and proactive in their work, and to communicate and liaise effectively as part of a small team
- Have an interest in and understanding of the Prize’s writing communities and the best ways to communicate with and reach them
- Be passionate about the Prize’s mission and ethos, and join us in championing writing by black and Asian women writers
- Be a confident and able communicator, with excellent written skills and attention to detail
- Have a track record of undertaking similar work, preferably in literature
If you are interested in applying, please complete the application form and return it to email@example.com by midnight of Monday 7 November 2022. Please do get in touch if you would like to discuss the role further and we appreciate any support in helping us to spread the word about this opportunity- thank you!